Personal Side Of Brenda
- Married to the love of my life – Fred
- Mother to my beautiful daughter Liz- the absolute joy of my life
- We live in Waterloo, Ontario
- I love to travel and have been to many amazing places including
China, India, South Africa, Thailand, Ireland, South Korea, Taiwan,
Italy – and I can’t wait to travel again!
- Favourite place in the world besides my home is Venice, Italy
- I love art but don’t have an artistic bone in my body
- I love music of all types and can only play Jingle Bells on a
- I love to read, especially historical novels. I read newspapers
and am a political junkie.
- My spare time is dedicated to doing volunteer work in the
community and I am on several boards of directors helping homeless
citizens and youth and women.
Professional Side Of Brenda
- My first career was as a Registered Nurse and I worked in ICU
and the Recovery Room
- I was the Mayor of Waterloo from 2006 – 2014 and was often asked
to perform marriages and if I was a wedding officiant which
unfortunately, I wasn’t. Until now!
- I also worked in the transportation industry, was a Customs and
Traffic Manager for an International Trading Company
- Worked for the Canada Revenue Agency in various departments –
please don’t hold that against me!
- Have years of training, certification and experience as an
Alternate Dispute Resolution Advisor and Conflict
- Management Specialist with the Federal Government
- Am a fully trained Mediator with many years’ experience working
in the public and private sector – mediating work and community
- I am an entrepreneur and have two start up businesses
- I run the GroYourBiz KW Chapter Board of Directors for business
- My first experience as a wedding officiant was marrying a
wonderful couple on the main street of Kitchener during their Summer
Lights Festival in front of a very large crowd of happy people! It
was just beautiful!
- Love social media and what opportunities can be created
- Motivational speaker, Chair of the Board of Startup Canada,
working with entrepreneurs and innovators
- Executive Coach and business consultant
Passionate Side Of Brenda
- My family is my life and my passion
- My community
- Helping others achieve their highest potential
- Bringing people together, seeing others smile
- Helping the homeless, working with community groups on building